Health Benefits of Raw Feeding
There are numerous arguments over the health effects of feeding commercial pet foods, and many raw feeding pet owners claim to have noticed a significant increase in overall health after switching to a raw food diet.
After a few weeks on raw you will start to see an improvement in their health. After a few months, the benefits are incredible and the list of health benefits are endless!
- No more allergies, this is due to cereals and preservatives in kibble.
- More mental stimulation: When they have to figure out how to attack their food – helps stop boredom.
- Smaller, less smelly poops: The meat/bone is broken down in the dogs and cats acidic stomachs more easily than kibble (which requires a more alkaline stomach) which equates to less waste.
- They enjoy their food and look forward to meal times with excitement.
- Stronger immune system: Helps create a stronger, healthier immune system so more resistant to disease and ill health.
- Shiny healthy coats.
- Pearly white teeth: Healthy gums and sweet breath (no tooth decay, or periodontal disease, therefore no infection on the gums and no bacteria swallowed with every gulp of saliva, this in turn leads to reduced chances of heart, kidney and liver disease).
- Better concentration with commands and less hyperactive, yet more energetic.
- Easier to keep at the right weight.
- Better muscle tone.
- Less vet visits.
Benefits of Raw Meat
Most dogs eat around two to three percent of their ideal adult weight per day. Cats will eat between half and one cube of our minced cubes per day.
Every animal is different, so use your own judgement when feeding your animal.
Remember, a lot of the time when your pet comes to you hungry, they are actually either thirsty or bored. If you have an overweight or 'always hungry' pet, try playing with them or walking them for 10 to 20 minutes or so instead of feeding them, then give them access to clean fresh water and wait to see if they still act hungry. You'll often find they are quite content to take a nap instead!